Friday, March 13, 2020
As the spread of COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) continues to cause understandable concern across the United States, the level of worry is skyrocketing, especially for senior citizens who are the most vulnerable. Your RevUp Healthcare team along with your primary care providers recognize that not everyone has someone to turn to during this time of uncertainty and anxiety. Thankfully, you, along with tens of thousands of other senior citizens are enrolled in the RevUp Chronic Care Management (CCM) program. And during this time, our team of Nurses, CNAs, Medial Assistants, and Health Coaches are here to help provide an extra level of assistance during this stressful time.
We wanted to take a minute to remind everyone that the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is recommending that ANY Individual at increased risk of severe illness should consider staying at home and avoiding gatherings or other situations of potential exposures, including travel. The CDC has identified those over age 65 or anyone with underlying medical conditions (listed below) at any age are at severe risk during this Covid-19 outbreak.
- Blood disorders (e.g., sickle cell disease or on blood thinners)
- Chronic kidney disease (e.g., Patients under treatment for kidney disease, including receiving dialysis)
- Chronic liver disease (e.g., cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis)
- Compromised immune system (immunosuppression) (e.g., seeing a doctor for cancer and treatment such as chemotherapy or radiation, received an organ or bone marrow transplant, taking high doses of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressant medications, HIV or AIDS)
- Current or recent pregnancy in the last two weeks
- Endocrine disorders (e.g., Diabetes mellitus)
- Metabolic disorders (such as inherited metabolic disorders and mitochondrial disorders)
- Heart disease (such as congenital heart disease, congestive heart failure and coronary artery disease)
- Lung disease including asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (chronic bronchitis or emphysema) or other chronic conditions associated with impaired lung function or that require home oxygen.
- Neurological and neurologic and neurodevelopment conditions [including disorders of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerve, and muscle such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy (seizure disorders), stroke, intellectual disability, moderate to severe developmental delay, muscular dystrophy, or spinal cord injury].
Over the next several days, weeks, and months, the RevUp Healthcare team will continue to reach out to all of our patient both by telephone and via our digital messages and emails throughout this uncertain time. If any new appointments are required, our RevUp team is here to assist in scheduling the visit as necessary. Additionally, we are here to assist patients with medication refills, and other care management needs as they arise. As the situation continues to rapidly evolve, your RevUp Healthcare team will remain stable and will proudly continue to assist patients in need.